Sixth Form Facilities


The Lodge

Located on a 0.85 acre site, the building itself is a Grade II listed, 3-storey building constructed in the early 19th Century for the Manager of Tutbury Mill (now The JCB Academy) and documented as complete in 1831.

The Lodge replaced Mill House, a building which stood immediately next to the mill, on Mill Street and across the road from Millholme.  Mill House was original to the construction of the first mill built in 1781 and owned by Richard Arkwright, though by 1831 the mill complex was in the sole ownership of Richard Bridden – it was at this time Millholme was constructed.  Further additions were made to the house in the latter half of the 19th Century.