Unfortunately applications to The JCB Academy are now closed.Applications open 09:00 on September 1st and close at midnight on January 31st.
For further information please contact our admissions team by clicking here.
The JCB Academy Year 9 & Year 10
- Deadline – Applications are open at 09:00 on September 1st and close at midnight on January 31st.
- Admissions Policy – Please read and understand the admissions policy on our policies page here.
- Admissions Criteria – We have an 18 mile catchment area radius from ST14 5JX. See map by clicking here.
Applying for our 2023 intake
GL Assessment Cognitive Abilities Test
All applicants are required to take a Cognitive Abilities Test (CAT) at the academy to be eligible for our selection process. If you have previously applied for Year 9 and we’re unsuccessful and took the CAT as part of that application, then you won’t have to retake the CAT this time. For further information please visit our Cognitive Abilities Test FAQs page by clicking here.
We would like to make you aware that when you join The JCB Academy there are the following financial commitments:
- Laptop** @ £570.00* (payable in 24 installments with interest or in advance with no interest)
- Harper Adams Residential Trip (Year 9 only) @ £270.00*
- Transport @ £540.00* (payable in 4 installments no interest)
- Uniform @ £160.00*
- Engineering Starter Kit @ £13.00*
- Locker Key @ £5.00*
Financial Support Financial support is available in relation to uniform, school transport and educational trips – for further information please click here.
*Please note that all prices are subject to change.
**Due to software licenses, specification and configuration to school servers, you cannot supply your own laptop.
You have the right of appeal to an Independent Appeal Panel if you are dissatisfied with this decision. If you wish to submit an appeal you should contact Staffordshire County Council by telephoning 0300 111 8007 or visit www.staffordshire.gov.uk/Education/home.aspx for more information. Your appeal must be submitted direct to Staffordshire County Council by Tuesday, 28 March 2023.
The JCB Academy Sixth Form
- For further information or to apply to The JCB Academy Sixth Form, please click here