Harper Adams Residential (Year 9 only)
Please note: the below information will be available to download at the end of this online process.
Learners should arrive on Monday, 6 September 2021 in full uniform and bring with them one bag* that should include:
- JCB Academy boiler suit and safety boots
- Comfortable tops/trousers to wear under boiler suit
- PE Kit/trainers and sports/casual clothes/shoes for the evenings
- Wet weather gear (rainproof coat etc.)
- Clothing/shoes suitable to get wet/muddy for outdoor activities
- Sunscreen and a hat/cap
- Pens/pencils and ruler
- Personal toiletries, toothbrush and toothpaste etc.
- Nightwear, underwear and socks
All bed linen and towels will be provided in individual learner rooms. There are snack and drinks machines on campus, learners may, therefore, want to bring a modest sum of money; we recommend no more than £15.00
Squash and water will be available, free of charge, throughout the stay.
Mobile Phones: Learners may bring mobile telephones for use in their rooms in the evening; they will not be allowed to have their ‘phones with them throughout the day
Please do not pack:
- Any clothing which would not be considered appropriate for a school environment, such as: strappy vest tops, crop-tops, t-shirts with offensive slogans on them etc.
- Personal medication such as inhalers; these should be given to your son’s/ daughter’s mentor prior to the trip
- Valuables (iPods, computer games, cameras, jewellery, etc.)
- Alcohol of any description
- Smoking materials (smoking will not be permitted anywhere at any time)
- Chewing gum
*The bag should be of a weight that the learner can carry independently for a 5-10 minute walk.
Alton Castle Residential (Year 10 only)