Admissions Offer Information – Transport
Bus times and routes are reviewed annually and are subject to change. It is academy policy to operate buses from main towns and cities within the catchment area, stopping at a small number of points along the route to accommodate learners from a wide area. As a regional academy with a large catchment area we are unable to pick up at every village or suburb within the region.
- The earliest pick up on some routes is at approximately 7:00 am.
- Buses travel along main roads and make a small number of stops in main towns and villages.
- The transport cost is subsided by the academy; the current total cost is £770,084 per annum and the Trustees subside £347,087 per annum towards the cost, making the cost to families approximately £750.00
- It is a planning requirement (established at the formation of The JCB Academy) that all our learners travel to and from the academy by bus.
- Unless a learner lives within walking distance, a charge for academy transport will be incurred (subsidised by the academy).
Payments can be made in full, or in 10 equal instalments of approximately £75 each, commencing from 1 May 2023. Payments will need to be made by Direct Debit, and bank details will be requested shortly by email.
Please note that if you cancel your standing order before making the final payment to the Academy, or you fail to pay the single payment when due, we will contact you to inform you that payment has not been made. You then have 14 days to make this payment. If, after a further 14 days, you have still failed to make payment to the Academy, the remaining full annual amount payable by you for the transport will be due immediately i.e. £750.00 less any payments you have already made.
Please note that the cost of the transport is non-refundable.
Bus passes will be issued prior to the start of term.
- Transport is provided by private transport companies under contract.
- Sanctions are applied where learners do not comply with the code of conduct.